Portable HEPA Air Purifiers
Quality air filtration helps healthcare offices and other facilities reduce the spread of airborne infections and maintain cleaner, healthier environments. However, not every facility can accommodate permanent ceiling-mounted or ducted units. Many facilities require solutions better able to accommodate their constantly changing needs. To provide the effective performance of HEPA filtration with the effortless mobility your facility demands, AeroMed Technologies offers the 700P portable air purifier. This highly effective portable HEPA filtration device streamlines your infection prevention and control (IPC) strategy to make your exam rooms and other spaces safer for patients, workers, and visitors.
Portable air purification systems are recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for areas that require multiple air exchanges. By combining multiple grades of filtration and powerful blowers, the 700P traps airborne particles and offers additional air changes to help prevent the spread of airborne contaminants. These portable HEPA filters provide:
- A HEPA filter that traps a minimum of 99.97% of particles at 0.3 microns or less
- A MERV 14 intermediate filter with 95% efficiency
- A MERV 8 pleated pre-filter
Thanks to a sealed access cabinet with a bulb gasket at the doors, air is forced to travel through the filters, providing more thorough removal of infectious particles. A removable service door provides easy access to the filters, UV lamp, and blowers, making maintenance quick and easy. Additionally, the 700P HEPA air purifier features a certification chamber offering downstream access to the HEPA filter – even when the unit is in use – to comply with CDC testing recommendations.
This portable HEPA Air Purifier has a highly efficient design also contributes to a longer useful life for the HEPA filter. The CDC notes that the use of even a 90% efficient filter may extend the use of a HEPA filter by up to 900%, giving you peace of mind in the unit’s performance and keeping maintenance costs low.
Germicidal Ultraviolet Light Technology
The 700P portable HEPA air purifier affords an additional level of protection against airborne infectious diseases with the power of germicidal ultraviolet (GUV) light technology. GUV does not trap or eliminate bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens. Instead, it damages the cell structure of the particles, preventing reproduction and reducing the spread of infection. By locating the GUV filtration stage between filter units, the air purifier’s UV chamber helps to inactivate particles that make it past the first two filters, without any UVC exposure risk to room occupants. As a result, the number and concentration of viable pathogens that survive to reach the certified HEPA filter is greatly reduced.
Additional Portable Air Purifier Features
In addition to optimized three-stage filtration and powerful GUV light, AeroMed® Technologies’ HEPA portable air purification unit offers many features that ensure reliable performance. These include:
- Whisper-quiet operation: Two forward-curved centrifugal blowers offer two speeds, 350 CFM (low) and 700 CFM (high), for powerful air recirculation. Yet to maintain quiet, comfortable medical environments, the 700P operates at just 55 dBA.
- Tamper-proof design: Choosing a desired setting is easy with a two-speed key switch. To prevent unauthorized adjustments, the key may be removed at any setting by healthcare professionals.
- Configurable design: Two design configurations allow the 700P to be ordered for air recirculation or negative pressure exhaust applications, allowing a choice based on the needs of your facility.
- Locking casters: Smooth-gliding casters allow you to easily relocate the unit and include two locking casters for secure placement.
Learn More About Portable Air Filtration Devices
AeroMed® Technologies provides a wide range of HEPA air purification units, including ceiling and ducted models, to accommodate the unique needs of diverse healthcare facilities and other properties. To learn more about our HEPA air purification technologies, GUV light fixtures, and other infection control and prevention solutions, call 518-843-3500 or contact us today.